"Our God is an Awesome God
He reigns from heaven above
With wisdom power and love
Our God is and Awesome God"
Michael W. Smith
I often have to remind myself of how truly BIG and AWESOME God is. When I think of the idea that God loves everyone, I wonder how He can do this, but then I remember that God is AWESOME in ways my human brain cannot even begin to imagine.
It seems the overall theme of these passages is believing . . .
"For those who fear Him, there is much compassion."
I must remind myself daily that God chose us and gave us salvation through grace. And most fortunately "He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities" (Psalm 103)
Thank goodness, because I cannot even begin to imagine what the world would look like if God were dealing with us according to our sins. I don't know how we would all be living if God loved us based on our deeds. I am truly grateful to God that He looks at the best in us all the time and that God loves us no matter what. I will never understand how awesome God is, but I am okay with that and it keeps me going every single day.
We cannot win his love through our good deeds - which is also good because we do not do enough of what God wants us to do.
I am so thankful for His GRACE and that GOD is so very AWESOME.
I just have to BELIEVE and accept that my human brain will never be able to fully comprehend the AWESOMENESS of GOD. And that gives me PEACE.
(Maddie Miln and Donna Mann)
No comments:
Post a Comment