One of my favorite stories of how God provided for me in a moment of need took place on my first day of high school.
I was homeschooled until ninth grade before I made the choice to join the freshman class at Wachusett Regional High School. Walking in the door, I had no clue what to expect. The morning was incredibly difficult, not because of the work, but because I felt so isolated. It seemed that everyone else knew each other, and I was so alone. I endured three classes in which there was not a single friendly face for me. Then God provided.
When I entered my English class, I was on the verge of tears. God understood and sent me help. I spotted a girl from my old Girl Scout troop named Kendra. We had not known each other long. In fact, she did not recognize me as she initially walked right past me. However, upon sitting down she glanced in my direction and a smile of recognition crossed her face. She jumped up and ran across the room to greet me, sliding into the seat next to mine. We spent the rest of the class together like two old friends. It felt like the weight of the world had been removed from my shoulders. From that moment on, Kendra and I have been best friends.
We love to tell of our teachers hopes for us. They wished for me to be more comfortable and outgoing in class, more like Kendra. For Kendra, they hoped she would be more involved in class and to participate more, like me. We brought out the best in each other. Today I see the impact that day had on my life. I am left profoundly grateful to God for the gift he has given to me in the form of my best friend.
(Jacqueline Galvinhill)
No comments:
Post a Comment