Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013


In the reading from Deuteronomy, the issue of underestimating one’s self-worth is addressed. Numerous times in the Bible God comes to individuals and tells them of a task that they must accomplish. Moses is referenced in this reading; he did not believe in his ability to affect change for his people. However, God saw his worth and instructed him on how to become a great leader. As I am facing the end of my time in high school and the end of my adolescence, I must evaluate how I can help to spread God’s word in my life. In order for me to do this effectively I must trust in God to know how I can best help him in his purpose and believe in my ability to affect change and do good things. This is the faith that allowed Moses to bring the Hebrews out of slavery, allowed Mary to trust in God and bear his son as a young teenage girl, and Noah to build an ark of incredible size at the risk of losing everyone he cared for. These individuals are remembered for their trust in God even though their task was seemingly impossible. I hope that I can apply this level of faith into my life as I enter the “real world.”

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment