Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Psalm 11 reflects upon the story of David, after he has defeated Goliath and is living with King Saul. The idea that is often connected with the story of David and Goliath is the concept that God provides for those who believe in him and that he will punish his enemies. 
 
Having grown up in the Church I have heard this idea proclaimed since my youth, but it was not until I was teaching the Preschoolers in my Sunday School class the story of David and Goliath that I was able to fully appreciate the meaning behind the words. To me, the idea that God will provide has always seemed rather abstract and it did not seem to apply to my life. However, when I was explaining to the kids that God helped David defeat Goliath and was providing for his followers and punishing his enemies it finally hit me. God does provide for those who ask him to help. 
 
As I taught the children, God was teaching me to trust in him to help me defeat my own personal Goliath of college and adult life. As a senior in high school I am confident that I can go into the scary battle that  is college applications and planning a future because I will have God on my side.

~Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment