Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I read this and I am confused. Isaiah spoke of John, John spoke of Jesus and Jesus spoke of God. Is this all really necessary? Why can’t God speak to us directly?

I think that He does every day,  but often times in a way that we can’t hear Him. For example, I just played in my high school’s Christmas concert yesterday and when listening to the Jazz Band, the bass player may not be the first thing that is heard; most people are focused on the alto saxophonist taking a sweet solo running up and down scales, taking the audience on a musical journey.

However all the while, the alto saxophonist who everyone is so intently listening to is depending on the bass player to provide him with the right chords and musical accompaniment. The bass player lays down the beat and the groove that allows this musical journey to happen.

Much like the bass player, God is not always apparent, but He is there and He is the foundation of everything that is going on around us. Even in the midst of all the Christmas hysteria, nativity scenes, Christmas deals and Advent calendars, God is there.

(Marcus Papandrea)

No comments:

Post a Comment