Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9, 2013


Jeremiah 13:1-11
Romans 6:12-23
John 8:47-59

“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Paul has always been an enigma to me. I often find him arrogant and boastful. Sometimes he seems to talk in circles. I will read something three times, stop and scratch my head, and then read it three more times. When I am done, I have no more idea of what I read then when I started. Just when you want to give up, he hits you between the eyes with something.

This passage, Romans 6:23, is one of those somethings. Paul contrasts a life without God’s Grace to one with it. On our own, we deserve nothing, but God makes a way for us anyway. The message is simple, but powerful.

For me, it can be a good reminder that I need to keep God in my life. When I think I can do it on my own, I often head down that path of sin and death. By accepting God’s help, I am open to his great gifts.

- DW





No comments:

Post a Comment